Reflection 9- ASSESSMENT

9 November 2010 Assessment (Fifth Lessson)
Lesson Flags for Fifth tutorial
1) Performance Task
2) Rubric
3) A Look at International Assessment
4) Formative Assessment
The class had a short but engaging learning trip just outside the tutorial classroom where Dr Yeap, required us all to be in teams and using the basic Math tools he provided, we are required to measure the height of the pillar which is about 2-storey high. Interestingly, every team engineered their own strategy to measure the height and arrived to their answers
Dr Yeap listed all our answers and got us to see which methods make sense and which do not and what are the methods that I could have thought of myself.
Main Takeaways
Mathematics learning can be fun and given the conditions of authenticity through real life and everyday circumstances, pupils can find learning Mathematics more interesting and engaging. Pupils need to be equipped with concepts in a spiral approach. More importantly, the pupils enjoyed themselves thoroughly and thus the activity will foster in them a greater interest in Mathematics.
Using the correct assessment rubrics, these performance tasks can be achieved and Dr Yeap showed us a combination of performance rubrics which were similar to my Performance Assessment in school. As Albert Einstein qouted:
" What's measurable is not always important,
 and what's important is not always measurable."

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete